MilitarySpouseBlogs

Friday, September 9, 2011

Couple days down...many more to go

So a few days have gone by and I am starting to find things to do with my time. Both my daughters are in school all day now, so for the first time in 6 years I am home alone all day. It is weird! I am trying to get things sorted because before you know it, a year will have gone by and we will be moving...again! I am missing my husband but he calls often, so that helps. I figure today, instead of complaining, I would count some blessings! So here goes....
I am so blessed that my husband is deployed in this day and age. We have Skype, VoiP, email, Facebook, Google+. Back when he first joined the AF, we had 1 15 minute phone call per week, and the only other way to communicate was to send a letter. You never had enough time on that phone call to talk about everything, and it always left me more frustrated than happy. So I am super blessed that there are so many ways to communicate now. My husband always makes it a priority to get his internet set up, and make frequent phone calls to us! No matter where he is sent, he always finds a way. I am lucky to have him, and that he thinks that way. I know there are many spouses who don't get the same. The first thing my husband does is call as soon as he is able. He has stayed up late missing out on sleep so that he could talk to our daughters about their first day of school, and gotten up early and walked for miles to find a wireless connection so he could speak to me. I thank God that I have a husband who takes communication with me so seriously and understands that, sometimes, hearing his voice is all I need to make it through another day! So today, I am going to smile and be thankful for my husband and the technological age that we live in. I am going to be glad that I get to hear his voice and talk to him regularly! :)

No comments: