MilitarySpouseBlogs

Saturday, September 3, 2011

And the countdown begins.....

Today was probably the hardest day of my life. I had to send my husband off for a year and watch as our 6 year old melted down as he walked down the airport concourse. It was hard enough letting him go, but seeing our daughter cry for Daddy for hours was worse. It breaks her heart for him to be gone; the two of them are so very close. We drove home and went back to bed for a while, as we were up super early to drop Daddy off at the airport. The hardest thing to deal with is the fact that life goes on. As my heart is breaking and I am feeling totally alone in the world, everyone else is going about their daily business. Noone else's world stops just because mine has. To everyone else it is just another normal day. Coming home to an empty, quiet house is probably the suckiest thing! I miss everything about my husband! Today I don't want to be strong, I don't want to buck up and carry on! I want to just dissolve into tears, heaves and snot and feel sad! Alas, I still have kids, pets and a house to take care of. This is going to be one hell of a journey for me. I have been through many deployments and I swear, each time it gets harder and harder to say goodbye! For now, I will just hold on til I can hear his voice on the phone, which even though he is far away, somehow makes things a little better!

No comments: