MilitarySpouseBlogs

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 2 of many many more

So today started off really well. I was woken up by the sound of my husband's ringtone. (Yes, I have a special ringtone just for him) He was calling me from his mid-point to let me know he was safe. It was AWESOME to hear his voice. If I can't see him, I can at least enjoy talking to him. I got to talk to him several times before he boarded the plane to his end destination. It started my day off right!!! Surprisingly my children were really good today too! My 4 year old listened, and my 15 year old listened and cooked dinner!!! I had asked her to start dinner since I had to go and pick up my neighbor's son from work. When I returned, she had dinner almost completed! I was surprised, and she didn't even give me any attitude.
I also made it to the gym today. I didn't want to go, but knew I needed to. I did Pilates and Abs with two of my friends and it was a good workout. I also get to leave my 4 year old in childcare for 2 hours! So I got at least a little alone time. I hadn't been to the gym in so long, because I had been spending every minute I could with my husband. I am sore, but it will be for the best in the long run.
I won't miss my husband any less, but hopefully all of this will make the time go by faster.

No comments: