MilitarySpouseBlogs

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Gall, I just cannot believe it!

So today, stories were flying about an attempted child abduction in our military housing area. Supposedly, the 9 year old little girl was grabbed by a man as she stooped to tie her shoes. She fought back and got away. Police were called, news cameras arrived and the entire community was in an uproar. Parents were scared, and standing at bus stops waiting for their children. The people who run our community printed out thousands of fliers printed with the information about the crime and a description of the supposed attacker. This little girl described her supposed attacker in minute detail, down to the jewelry he was wearing. Parents were frightened. Then tonight.... out it comes that the little girl made up the entire story!!! No reason is given for why she did it, and police are not even going to charge her! It is unbelievable. I don't believe in spanking, but if my child told a whopper like that, and got everyone all riled up and working hard, I think I would have to spank! Granted, I am glad that the story was false, and that nothing like that really happened in our neighborhood, but I am angry as well, at all the wasted man hours, paperwork, worries, etc that were wasted on this lie. The military gets enough crap as it is without some little girl bringing more bad publicity to our military. All I can say, is that I hope her parents give her a good talking to, and teach her a good lesson about lies and how they can harm people!

No comments: